Voter Support Centre
Answers to commonly asked questions. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact GoVote Support.
1800 919 553
If you haven’t received anything from GoVote, or you think you might have lost the information, we can email your PIN to your preferred email address, or send it via text message to your mobile number. Please contact GoVote support via email (preferred) at email@example.com or by phone for urgent requests. You will need to tell us your first and last name, and your date of birth, so that we can check your details on the voter roll.
- An 11 digit GoVote PIN, or
- An 11 digit GoVote PIN plus an additional verification item, such as a payroll number.
Please ensure the following:
1. You have entered your 11 digit GoVote PIN exactly as it appears on your voting instructions.
2. If you need to provide additional information, please make sure you follow any guidance located in your voting instructions, or on the voting webpage for your ballot.
If you cannot successfully access the ballot, please contact GoVote support and we can help to confirm the correct details.
Your browser must support secure connections (often called SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer), and the option must be enabled to sign in. Check to see whether there is a green padlock in the url of the voting website. If not, you will need to configure your internet browser, or use alternative voting channels if they are available.
Please note that whilst we can detect who has voted, through separation of voter roll and preference data we cannot detect how that person has voted. This means that voter preferences remain anonymous.
1. Online Voting: After submitting your vote online you will be directed to a confirmation page with your receipt number, which you can print or copy for your records.
2. SMS Voting: SMS messages need to be composed exactly as advised on your voting instructions to be accepted by our system. Please follow these instructions carefully. After successfully submitting an SMS vote you will receive a return SMS with your receipt number.
3. Telephone voting: Once you have submitted your vote, a receipt number will be read out to you over the phone by our telephone voting system. You will need a method to copy this down if you would like to use it later.
If you did not make a note of your voting receipt and you have subsequently lost it, we cannot tell you what it is because your voting receipt is not linked to you in our system. This keeps your preference anonymous.