If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site, App or products and services offered on or through it.
Key Points for Go Vote Client Organisations:
- The data we collect through our services is owned by you. GoVote treats your data as confidential. We don’t use it for purposes unrelated to you or our services, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled to by a court order, or if you’ve given us permission to do so).
- We safeguard respondents’ personal information. GoVote acts as a custodian of respondent data. We use this information only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy.
- We hold your data securely. Read our Security Statement for more information.
Key Points for GoVote Respondents.
- GoVote uses your personal information to identify you and enable your use of our services. This may also include sending you relevant access instructions electronically or by post. We treat this information as confidential and only use it in connection with providing our services.
- Ballot responses are anonymous. Respondent anonymity is a non negotiable condition when GoVote agrees to conduct a ballot for a client. Read more about respondent anonymity.
1. Collection of personal information
Personal information: The type of information we collect from you or on your behalf may include:
- contact details including email address and telephone number;
- age or date of birth;
- preferences and opinions;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
Your use of our Site or App: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site or App, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site or App, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to enable you to access and use our Site and App and any associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you; and
- for internal record keeping.
If you are a GoVote Client Organisation, we may collect and use information for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information and about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
For GoVote Client Organisations only, we may disclose personal information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
For both GoVote Client Organisations and GoVote Respondents, we may disclose personal information to:
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon a GoVote Client Organisation advising us when personal information changes whether for the GoVote Client Organisation or for the GoVote Respondent.
We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications other than with respect to the provision of our services, please contact us using the details below.
5. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
6. Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Go Vote Pty Ltd ABN 41611176982
PO Box 1116
Manly NSW 2095
Last update: 14 March 2017