If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site, our mobile application (App) or products and services offered on or through the Site or App.
Key Points for clients of GoVote:
- When you use our services, you are likely to provide us with two types of information: (1) information about you and your business, and perhaps personal information relating to your employees (for example, their name and contact details when they contact us about using our services); (2) information about Voters (for example, names, postal address and email addresses, so that Voters can be contacted about participating in a ballot); and (3) information about Candidates (for example names and candidate statements so that Candidates can be advertised for election).
- Any information you provide to us, irrespective of whether it is about you or your business, or whether it relates to any Voters, is treated as confidential.
- Where your employees or representatives provide us with personal information, then we will only use this information to contact and communicate with you about our services.
- Where you provide us with the personal information of Candidates or Voters, please be clear that we only use this personal information for the purposes of running and organising a ballot, on your instructions and not for any other purposes.
- Where you provide us personal information of any employees, representatives, Candidates or Voters our terms and conditions with you set out that it is your responsibility to provide our Privacy Collection Notice to those individuals at the time of the disclosure or promptly following the disclosure.
- Please read our Security Statement for more information on how we hold data securely.
Key Points for Voters:
- If you give us personal information, or if we are provided with any of your personal information, we want to make it clear that we only use this information to allow you to participate in a ballot. This might include us: (1) sending you an email, SMS or letter about how to access a ballot, (2) providing your (anonymous) responses to our client, or (3) enabling you to use the features that form part of our services, such as allowing you to access our system and vote.
- We do not use your personal information to send you marketing materials.
- You should also note that your ballot responses are anonymous, as we mention above. Your anonymity is a non-negotiable condition for us when we agree to conduct a ballot for a client. If you would like more information about participating in a ballot anonymously, please find more information about this here.
- Collection of personal information
Personal information: The type of information we collect from you or about you may include:
- contact details including email address, telephone number and/or postal address;
- age or date of birth;
- preferences and opinions;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
Your use of our Site or App: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site or App, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site or App, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: If you are a GoVote client, then we may contact you to respond to questionnaires or surveys, or to participate in market research. You can choose to participate in these initiatives or not. If you are a Voter, we do not contact you in this way. As above, if you are a Voter, we only use your personal information to allow you to participate in a ballot.
- Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to enable you to access and use our Site and App and any associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you; and
- for internal record keeping.
If you are a client of GoVote, we may collect and use information for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information and about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you. If you are a Voter, we do not send you advertising and marketing material.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties
If you are a GoVote client, we may disclose personal information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you; or
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
For both clients of GoVote and any Voters, we may disclose personal information to:
- third parties who help us provide our ballot services. For example, if we keep any records regarding our ballot services, then these records may be stored with hosting providers.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
- Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third partys consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon clients of GoVote advising us when personal information changes whether for the GoVote client or for a Voter.
We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications other than with respect to the provision of our services, please contact us using the details below.
- Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
GoVote Pty Ltd ABN 41611176982
PO Box 1213
Adelaide SA 5001
Last update: 29 May 2023
Copyright LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd